Goa is really a traveler's delight because of its exotic beaches, waterfalls, springs, lakes as well as wildlife sanctuaries. The breathtaking physical features coupled with festivals, carnivals, historic churches and monuments along with host of options for entertainment make Goa a treasure trove for tourists. Tourist places in Goa are also the perfect mix of physical beauty, culture, tradition and history.
Famous Adventure Sports:
Windsurfing - Dona Paula Beach, Bogmalo, Para-sailing - Cansaulim, Utorda, Grand and Bait Islands, Water Skiing - in Candolim, Calangute, Arossim, Scuba Diving - in Grand Island, St.George Island, Cruising on Arabian Sea.
Chapel of St. Francis Xavier ,
The Church and Convent of St. Monica, Se Cathedral, The Convent and Church Of St. Francis of Assisi, The Professed House and The Basilica of Bom Jesus.
Goa is famous for Coconut Products, Cotton Thread Products, Sea Shells, Clay and Bamboo Products.
Panjim – Handicrafts Emporium, MG Road, 18th June Road, Goa Handicraft.
Margao – Afroza's Boutique, Local Bazaar, Colva Beach.
Vasco – Silk Emporium, Shopping Arcade.
Mapusa – Anjuna Market, Mapusa Market.
BEACHES OF GOA
DONA PAULA BEACH
MONUMENTS & PLACES TO VISIT
IDALCO PALACE- Idalcao's Palace is the oldest surviving building in Panaji and it has been restored to look like a Portugese colonial structure. Originally built for Adil Shah Khan, the Sultan of Bijapur, it eventually became the palace of the Viceroy from 1754 to 1918. Finally, Idalcao Palace is the home of government offices.
CABO PALACE- Cabo Rajniwas was built in 1540 as a great Portugese fort. It later housed the Franciscan monastery, added in 1594, and is now the official residence of the Governor of Goa.The Cabo Rajniwas features a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean, the Bay of the Mandovi River and Fort Aguada. The official reception area consists of a large hall called the Darbar Hall that is used for receptions and swearing in ceremonies. The Dining room has a seating capacity of over 30 persons. A small Chapel was constructed in the Cabo Palace and dedicated to Our Lady of Cabo.